- Where does the event take place?
The IIT Open Day will be held on December 20, 2023, at three of the city locations of the IIT:
- CCT (Center for Convergent Technologies) – Via Morego 30, Genova Bolzaneto
- CRIS (Center for Robotics and Intelligent Systems) – Via San Quirico 19d, Genova Bolzaneto
- CHT (Center for Human Technologies) – Via Enrico Melen 83, Genova
- How can I register?
Registration is completely free and will be done exclusively online through dedicated forms for each location.
- How many locations can I visit?
You can register for one session and visit one location.
- How many people can I register
You can register a total of 5 people, including yourself. At least one person in the group must be of legal age.
- Is there an age limit?
The visit takes place at the research laboratories of IIT, where participants are welcomed by IIT researchers who will explain the nature of their work. For this reason, the visit is not suitable for children under the age of 6.
- Is an ID required?
Yes, you will need to enter your ID number in the participation request form and present the same ID when attending the event.
- When does the registration form close?
The form will close on Friday, December 1st, or when the maximum number of participants is reached
- Waiting list
Once the maximum number of participants is reached, a waiting list will be activated for those who may be able to join in case of withdrawal by the admitted participants. Access to the waiting list will be closed on Friday, December 1, 2023, at 11:59 PM.
- I'm on the waiting list, what should I do?
Wait for a possible confirmation of participation, which will be sent via email if someone cancels their registration.
- Can I choose which labs to see?
No, for logistical reasons, the tour is entirely organized by IIT.
- Can I make substitutions?
It's not possible to make any substitutions among the registered individuals. If a registered person cancels, any replacement must complete a new registration (but within the deadline of Friday, December 1, 2023, at 23:59).
- How many people can participate in the visit?
IIT's safety regulations are necessary to ensure the safety of individuals within the Institute's premises. For this reason, there is a limit to the number of people who can be inside the Institute simultaneously. During the IIT Open Day, in addition to the staff normally present in the building, each session can accommodate no more than 100 people at the Center for Convergent Technologies (Morego), 100 people at the Center for Robotics and Intelligent Systems (San Quirico), and 100 people at the Center for Human Technologies (Erzelli), including the necessary staff to ensure the smooth running of the event. For this reason, the event is organized in two sessions.
- After the morning session, do I have to leave the Institute?
Unfortunately, yes. This is necessary to allow other visitors to access the building, in accordance with our safety regulations
- How can I reach the IIT locations?
CCT e CRIS
We recommend not reaching the Genova Bolzaneto locations (both CCT and CRIS) with your own car because there are not sufficient parking areas in the immediate vicinity. For this reason, IIT organizes a free shuttle service departing from Via Romairone and the Brin subway station (see below).
The IIT Erzelli location can be reached by car or public transportation.
- How much does the shuttle service cost?
All shuttle services are completely free. The shuttle seats are limited to their capacity (10 seats per shuttle) and available on a first-come, first-served basi
- Where are the meeting points for the shuttles?
There are two meeting points, both marked on-site by a signaling flag:
At the parking area of Via Romairone 12 (where parking spaces are available, see Google Maps).
- Near the Genova Brins subway station (We will communicate the exact location precisely due to the current expansion works of the subway station.)
- What are the shuttle schedules?
The service will be active with departures to and from the meeting points from 9:00 to 9:45, from 12:45 to 14:15, and from 17:15 to 17:45.